Our Clinic was originally created to spay and neuter feral cats as part of its Trap, Neuter and Return (TNR) program to help with the epidemic of feral cat overpopulation on Long Island. TNR is the only proven and humane method of curbing the epidemic of feral cats.
We have expanded the clinic to include low cost spay/neuter for owned cats and dogs as a community service for pet owners who may not be able to afford the same services at a private veterinarian
Low Cost Vaccinations and testing:
- $30 each for dogs/cats
- FIV/FELV tests for cats $40
- Heart-worm tests for dogs $40
Clinic Services pricing:
- Cats: Spay/Neuter $120.00 (Includes rabies and distemper vaccine and “ear tip”, if feral cat.)
- Dogs: (based on size/weight) $150-$400
- Pregnant or In-heat Spay $35.00 extra
- Retained Testicle – additional charge based on surgery required.
- FIV/Felv Testing or heart worm testing: $40.00 extra
- Feral cat Recuperation Boarding: $10 per day
Pre-blood work is suggested to ensure that there are no underlying conditions that could cause a problem during surgery. Pre-bloods must be done the week prior to surgery. Please call to schedule
Appointments for the clinic are required and must be scheduled in advance. Please go to the calendar below to make an appointment or call 631-473-6333.
Please keep your appointments or cancel asap. A $50 charge will be applied for any appointments not cancelled within 24 hours.
- Drop off times on scheduled day are between 9:00-9:30 a.m. Cats may be boarded for pre or post surgery for $10.00 per night. Feral cats can come without appointments on Wednesdays or Fridays only.
- Cats in traps must come with hard plastic carriers for the cats to wake up in.
Private cats and dogs
- Drop off time for animals to be spayed/neutered is between 8:30-9:00 a.m. on scheduled day. NO DOGS ON MONDAYS
- Cats must be in hard plastic carriers and labeled with owner’s name. Dogs on leashes
- No food/water after midnight before surgery!
Clinic is located at Save-A-Pet, 608 Route 112, Port Jefferson Station.