Creating Long Island’s Feral Feline Solution (C.L.I.F.F.S.) Clinic was originally created to spay and neuter feral cats as part of its Trap, Neuter and Return (TNR) program to help with the epidemic of feral cat overpopulation on Long Island. TNR is the only proven and humane method of curbing the epidemic of feral cats.
We have expanded the clinic to include low cost spay/neuter for owned cats as a community service for pet owners who may not be able to afford the same services from a veterinarian.
Low Cost Vaccinations and testing:
- $30 each for dogs/cats
- FIV/FELV tests for cats $40
- Heartworm tests for dogs $40
Clinic Services pricing:
- Spay/Neuter $120.00 (Includes rabies and distemper vaccine and “ear tip”, if feral cat.)
- Pregnant Cat or In-heat Spay $35.00 extra
- Male cats: Retained Testicle – additional charge based on surgery required.
- FIV/Felv Testing: $40.00 extra
- Recuperation Boarding: $10 per day
Pre-blood work is suggested to ensure that there are no underlying conditions that could cause a problem during surgery. Pre-bloods must be done the week prior to surgery.
Appointments for the clinic are required and must be scheduled in advance. Please go to the calendar below to make an appointment or call 631-473-6333
- Drop off times on scheduled day are between 8:30-9:00 a.m. Cats may be boarded for pre or post surgery for $10.00 per night
- Cats in traps must come with hard plastic carriers for the cats to wake up in.
- Drop off time for cats to be spayed is between 8:30-9:00 a.m. on scheduled day.
- Cats must be in hard plastic carriers and labeled with owner’s name.
C.L.I.F.F.S Clinic is located at Save-A-Pet, 608 Route 112, Port Jefferson Station.